Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Kids: Amin Sabet

Looking Up by Amin Sabet
(click on image to see it larger)

"This is a photo I took of my older son Oliver in September of 2004. I remember the day well. My parents were down visiting for the weekend. I borrowed my Dad's Canon 70–200mm ƒ/2.8 IS zoom, mounted it on my Digital Rebel (300D), and the three of us went out for a walk.

"Shooting telephoto is not an approach that I typically enjoy, nor one with which I often get good results. However, in this case I was staying at a distance because the two of them were enjoying the time with each other so much. The bond between my Dad and Oliver, 17 months old at the time, was amazing. I took this photo at 200mm and ƒ/2.8. It's one of my dearest family photos because Oliver is holding my dad's hand as they walked together, and I think Oliver's love and admiration for his grandfather comes across."

3 comments:

Don and Sheryl said...

Yes it does, great shot

1001 noisy cameras said...

Indeed, it captures emotion and freezes a moment in time!

amin said...

Thanks Don, Sheryl, and my Noisy friend =).